2010-02-06

La-La-Land...

Mailed 27-jan-2010. Next tracking entry: "International arrival 28-Jan-2010".
Then a whole week without any info where those boards were.
Yesterday I went to local post office to ask what the heck is going on.

Lady behind the desk told me to go to pickup point and ask them.

I went to said location, rang bell and after quite a long time someone opened the door.
I explained my problem, he said "I need to ask supervisor here, just a moment."

After a _very_ long moment, supervisor opened the door.
Very tall, old man with white Stetson, jeans, boots... Kind of cowboy outfit.

I explained him why I was there. He said he needs to go and check with computer.

After about 10 minutes he came back and told me my package being in a place what they call "The La-La-Land", that being US customs. When mail goes there, he told me, nobody knows where it is, how long it is there and what they do with it.
Then he gave me phonenumber where to call and ask.

I went home.
I picked up the mail from mailbox.
Hmm... Note from US Postal Services saying they tried to deliver something but I was not at home? Interesting...
Back to post office and just before I rang the bell I noticed note in a note saying: "Available for pick up 06-Feb-2010 8.30am". That was tomorrow. Darn.

Oh well... Home I go waiting for tomorrow...

Tomorrow (today) I went again back to post office, rang the bell and waited...
...
...
After a while door opens and lady says "I thought I heard someone is here. How may I help you?"
I gave her the note and off she went starting to dig piles of mail.
Digging another pile...
And another...
And another...
Finally she said "I am sorry but I can't find this. I need to ask the mailman who left this note."

I said "No hurry, that package has been lost for a week now...".

Indeed it was my order from PCB Pool. Now I have my protoboards:



After gathering required parts, I built one, powered it up and whadda'y'know! It works!


I can already see there is a problem with all the connectors and pin headers (not in place yet).
But with these I can test the whole system and continue to next step (whatever that is).

No comments: